Legal Information & Cancellation Policies
We reserve the right to charge the consultation fee for any appointment that you have booked and confirmed that you will attend and cancel (or do not attend) without 24 hours notice.
Acceptable notice that you wish to cancel an appointment is an email message logged on our email server i-cloud or a telephone message logged on our answer phone.
Who we are:
Northernhay Clinic Ltd, incorporated in England Company Number: 8306022 registered office 39 Northernhay Street Exeter EX4 3ER “NHC”
Legal Information, Content Management and Responsibility
Northernhay Clinic Ltd, incorporated in England Company Number: 8306022 registered office 39 Northernhay Street Exeter EX4 3ER (“NHC”), and the hosts of this website and the Intranet which provides access to the same, accept no responsibility for, and excludes all liability in connection with browsing this website, use of information on this website and downloading any material from it, including, but not limited to, any liability for errors, inaccuracies, omissions or misleading or defamatory statements. This website is intended to enable information relevant to the work of NHC, to be freely available on the World Wide Web (WWW). Whilst NHC hopes you find this website interesting and informative, the contents are for general information only. NHC believes the contents to be true and accurate as at the date of writing, but can give no assurances or warranties regarding the accuracy, currency or applicability of any of this website’s contents. As such, the contents of this website should not be relied upon. In addition, none of the content of this website will form any contract between NHC and any user of the website, nor constitute any offer by NHC. The use of and access to pages of the NHC website is subject to the foregoing disclaimer, and terms and conditions set out below. By using or accessing this website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
NHC will not share your private information with anyone outside of the NHC Group except as stated below. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to and from, the website any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, and pornographic or other material which would violate any law.
Content on this website is subject to copyright. Material cannot be downloaded without written permission of the copyright owner of the material. The copying, distribution or publishing of information provided on this website is prohibited.
Links to websites:
The provision of a link to an external website does not constitute any authorisation to access material within that website. All information on this website, including links to other websites, is provided for information and convenience only. No endorsement of any other website by NHC is expressed or implied by the presence of a link to the same on the NHC Website. NHC accepts no responsibility for the quality of resources to be found on external websites, and anyone using the same does so at their own risk.
NHC shall have no responsibility/ liability for the privacy of personal information posted by users to link to websites. As the NHC website may provide links to third party websites, users should review their respective privacy policies to learn more about what, why and how they collect and use personally identifiable information.
NHC reserves the right to attempt to identify and track any individual whom it suspects of trying to gain unauthorised access to computer systems or resources through its website service.
Email and Enquiry Forms:
If you sign up for one of our emailing lists, we will only send you the kind of information you have requested. We will not share your email address with anyone outside of NHC Group with the exception of providers who provide the services about which you are enquiring.
Although every reasonable effort is made to ensure that files are free of defects, there are no guarantees that they are free from defects, such as computer viruses. Therefore, no warranty or guarantee is given by NHC, regarding files downloaded or accessed.
Reliability of Information:
The resources made available on the NHC website are for information only. The website is not intended in any way to replace any other existing channel of NHC external communication. Nothing on the website is intended to constitute advice to anyone. Content on the website is governed by a number of NHC policies and guidelines. Please email northernhayadmin@icloud if you have any comments or concerns about any information provided on the website.
Although the website has been tested and should work correctly under normal circumstances, there are many factors both within and outside of the control of NHC which may prevent the website from being available. No responsibility is accepted by NHC for any losses that may arise from an inability to access resources through its website. If you find any errors within the NHC website, including links that do not work, pages linked to the wrong document and out of date information, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org without delay to enable these to be rectified.
NHC may keep a record of the number of times a page is accessed in order to analyse trends, administer the site, and to see what pages are accessed the most. These records do not contain personal information.
Exclusion of Liability
The service and materials on this website are provided “as is” and NHC and the hosts of this website expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, to the extent permitted by law including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the service or any materials.
Except in respect of death or personal injury arising from negligence, NHC and the hosts of this website hereby exclude liability for any claims, losses, demands or damages of any kind whatsoever with respect to any information and/ or services provided on the NHC website, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damages, compensatory damages or loss of profits or data whether based on a breach of contract or warranty, delict or tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise.
The terms and conditions of use of the Website as provided by NHC shall be governed by English Law
- Where it is necessary for the purposes of the provision of health care as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your Podiatry assessment and treatment, or to provide customer support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law
- Medical professionals. With your consent we will share information with medical professionals such as your GP to maximise your care and treatment results.
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our business, such as orthotic device manufacturers. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services. Whenever possible we will use a name and patient number only - where you request it, a name and address will be provided to a third party in order to ship you something directly from the manufacturer for example.
- Business transfers: If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law and with your consent.
- Compliance with laws: We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we are legally required to.
- Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of or delete your personal information. In the case of health records these are normally exempt from change and deletion requests.
- Object. You can object to (i) Our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk